Crochet

Crocheting Baby Cardigans

It was a good weekend in the crochet-world. I finally got on with finishing the second front piece of the cardigan.

I ended up with a different neckline shape to the first piece, though, which only served to emphasis the need to frog the first and re-make it. Not a happy thought. However, it turned out to only require an evening or so of crochet to both frog and re-make it. Amazingly, given how long it took to make in the first place. And how long the second had taken. It even matched the second piece, which was far more to the point.

On the other hand, the speed with which I made it did give me the encouragement to get on with the cardigan, and now I’m most of the way through the final piece as well. Might even be finished in its entirety by the end of the week. So far, it has used much less yarn than I originally thought. Which means there’ll be plenty for a pair of little shoes or booties to match.

Now that I’ve got the hang of it, and the way the pattern is written, it’s much easier going than when I started. I’ll probably have a go at making the next size up, in different colours, with matching booties of its own. Can’t have too many little cardigans and booties for a little one.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.