I haven’t done much crocheting so far this year. There was the baby blanket a few months ago, but otherwise not much.
And then on a trip home I was reminded of a Monster I’d promised a friend several years ago. She was (not so) patiently awaiting its arrival. I’d got so far with it (I’d completed the head and body) and then, for one reason or another, I’d put it in the bag with the rest of the yarn and put it away.
Fortunately, I could find both the bag of yarn and the combination of limbs my friend had chosen. It’s from the Toft Imaginarium book, you see, with the mix-and-match heads, arms and legs for monsters of your choice.
It didn’t, in the end, take me very long to complete the limbs. Only an afternoon or so, with breaks in between each one, so I really don’t know why I’d put it down for so long. I gave it a purple face and M named it Clive. Apparently it looks like a Clive.
I’m not sure I used enough stuffing in the head and body – the head sort of lolls – but there isn’t too much I can do about that now. And I overestimated how much of the yarn I’d need, so I’ll have to find something else to do with the remaining ball and a bit. But better too much than too little, especially if it’s a project that takes several years.