Having done not much stitching last month, I’ve done considerably better this time. Even taking into account having to unpick a lot of gold and restitching it because I’d miscounted and couldn’t easily fudge a cover-up.
I also changed my mind about what I was stitching. At present, I’m focusing on the outer border. I had meant to do more of the scene, but never mind. I quite like seeing how much of the aida is left around the edges.
But now that I’ve got this corner stitched (mostly: I’ve got all the gold done at any rate, and started on the bits in between), I intend to stitch upwards, to fill the space between border and map. Of course, as we all know, even the best-laid plans falter in the face of Life, so we’ll see how that goes. But, in the interests of not folding and unfolding the pattern too many times, I’m trying to get this corner completed before I move on to the next corner.
I’m still debating with myself whether I do the top left corner before the bottom right. Perhaps, though it would involve having to reposition the aida. But then I suppose I could just move across to the top right. There’s no right or wrong way: it’s just about the least effort and confusion!