I almost didn’t make a tablecloth this month.
I ordered a set of yellow fat quarters, hoping they’d arrive in time for an Easter tablecloth (but they didn’t), only for some of them to be orange. Not just dark yellow, but definitely orange. And, naturally, all a different size to the one yellow fat quarter already in my stash. Very frustrating.
After a couple of days of thinking about it, I decided the only thing to do was to split them into Yellow and Orange and find a smaller bundle of yellows. I’ll get more oranges for May’s tablecloth. It does, of course, mean that I’m going to end up with an extra quarter in my stash and not used any already in it, but oh well. Can’t have everything. And that original yellow will probably go back into the Winnie the Pooh set, which it goes with quite well, and one day be a part of whatever I do with them.
In the meantime, my additional yellow set arrived, a bundle of five. I only needed four to complete the tablecloth, and fortunately one of these new ones was also orange. Very easy to work out which wasn’t needed, and that has been added to the orange pile. I do, though, have a couple of copies, but that, too, isn’t a problem, though I managed to mess up the intended order while I was putting it together.
Never mind. It’s still a cheerful tablecloth, which goes very nicely with the current bunch of daffodils.
One thought on “Fat Quarter Sewing: The Yellow Tablecloth”