After the success of February, and completing the Old World part of the map, I took a breather to do some smaller kits.
And then had to do the whole “Just this sea-creature” thing all over again. It’s mostly worked, again. Sadly, there was no Ring Cycle on Radio 3 this time. Instead, I’ve been having half-hours here and there, which is about how long it took for each sea-creature. Then there was the section with the blending filament, and my enthusiasm waned again.
Admittedly, I haven’t quite completed each creature: they’re supposed to all have a French knot for an eye. Which obviously isn’t going to happen. I just haven’t decided what I’ll replace the knots with yet. Anyway, whatever I do decide will have to wait until the whole thing is finished and I’ve washed and ironed it. Perhaps a seed-bead, or an adhesive gem.
My target for March was to complete the New World section, and so far, with a week to go, I’ve got all the solid stitching done. Just the back-stitching left to go. Which (famous last words) shouldn’t be too difficult to get done before April.
There’s no real deadline for completing this, but if I start thinking like that, I’ll put it down and won’t come back to it for another year or so. So it’s the arbitrary monthly targets for each section. Although I still haven’t worked out how I’m going to divvy up the border-scenes. They do all rather run together.
But that’s rapidly-approaching Future Me’s problem…